Melissa Dibble To Speak At 33rd Annual RPTE Virtual National CLE Conference
Archer attorney Melissa Dibble will speak at the American Bar Association’s 33rd Annual Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Virtual National CLE Conference “Building Bridges Together in the Practice of Law” held from April 21-23, 2021
Melissa will be on a panel presenting on the “Do’s and Don’ts of Donor Intent: Managing Disputes over Restricted Charitable Gifts, Donor Intent and Changed Circumstances.”on Thursday, April 22.
This panel will discuss issues that arise in administering restricted charitable gifts. The panel will offer guidance to practitioners concerning the following topics:
- What is the current state of the law governing restricted gifts and charitable trusts when circumstances change?
- Lessons that can be learned from high profile disputes involving donor-imposed restrictions on charitable gifts.
- The current state of the law governing restricted gifts and charitable trusts
- The risks trustees and charitable organizations and their board members face if they fail to comply with donor-imposed restrictions
- Who has standing to seek to enforce or modify restrictions on charitable gifts
- The legal tools available to modify restrictions when circumstances change
- The role of the State Attorney General in enforcing donor-imposed restrictions
- Drafting gift agreements to address the possibility of changed circumstances and reduce the chances of future controversies
For more information on the conference and to register, please click the following link: https://rptecleconference.com/